Friday, June 29, 2012

Hezekiah's Tunnel, End of Finals, & Tel Aviv

Sarah and I showing off our immodesty as we prepare to enter Hezekiah's tunnel--usually pants that don't extend to the ankel are strictly forbidden.

Inside Hezekiah's Tunnel. Periodically we would hear shouts filtering down from those ahead of us: "Turn off your lights!" It quickly became one of my goals to return to Hezekiah's Tunnel and complete the entire 1749-ft long journey without lights.

At the exit, after we'd made it through

Sarah and I wanted planking pictures... and were running out of time. So we decided to go simultaneously to be more efficient. Considering the time spend recovering from almost face-planting into the water... who knows if it was actually any quicker. But we conquered double-planking!

Nate's creativity...

John Chapter 9 tells the story of a blind man, told to wash in the pool of Siloam to receive sight. These steps next to Chloe and I are the excavated steps of the pool of Siloam.

The City of David/Hezekiah's Tunnel field trip was our last as Brother Huntsman's class. I was very sad to be leaving Brother Huntsman, but very excited to be taught by Brother Harper as well. I learned so much about the Old Testament, and especially the background of the Old Testament from Brother Huntsman; thank you! Now on to conquer New Testament.

 This was a snapshot taken last Thursday night of very deranged Madelyne and Rachel as they struggled to prepare for their last final. Just in case I forgot basic greeting norms, I had "HELLO!" written on my teeth in pencil for the duration of the night. Perhaps more worrisome than anything else was the lack of comments I received; do I act so strangely on a regular basis that having messages written on my teeth is not out of the ordinary??

I finally made it to Tel Aviv! Bike riding all morning was a blast, with only one flat tire and one scraped knee--neither of them mine.

I love the beach. I don't know what it is about water and sun, but they always make a winning combination in my book. I even escaped with minimal sunburn! Kudos to Spencer, whose dedication to sunblock has truly inspired me. /being sunburnt is miserable and I like to avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment