Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Garden of Gethsemane



"I believe in Christ-- my Lord, my God!
My feet he plants on gospel sod.
I'll worship him with all my might;
He is the source of truth and light.

I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.
From Satan's grasp he sets me free,
And I shall live with joy and love
In his eternal courts above.

I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I'll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: 'Ye shall obtain.'

I believe in Christ; so come what may,
With him I'll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men."

I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the literal son of God and that He performed an atonement that not only allows mercy and justice to be reconciled, but also allows Christ to know the exact misery and frustration that each human being experiences. I believe that the witness held in the Book of Mormon of Christ is true. I testify that in certain circumstances, I have felt love and peace I could not have created on my own. The gospel of Christ is the single most important facet of my life and my identity. I strive to "talk of Christ," "rejoice in Christ," and "preach of Christ." The greatest happiness I have ever experienced in my life has come from trying as hard as I can to follow God's prophets and to align my actions and attitudes as best I can with how I feel the Lord is directing me.
I believe in Christ, so come what may.

No comments:

Post a Comment