Sunday, May 20, 2012

Turning Twenty

Turned twenty in the Holy City; it was a wonderful birthday. I expected a few happy birthdays and maybe a celebratory ice cream cone, but contrary to my expectations I was showered with love. Emails and love notes made me feel on top of the world! Thank you.
On a person's birthday, Jewish tradition calls for a birthday throw: you sit in a chair, are lifted into the air, and tossed up and down as many times as years you are turning. I was indeed thrown and despite weak protests for the sake of protesting, I loved it :)

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful city, made more beautiful by a Rachel Edwards smile! (Love the blog, Lynda thinks I am having YSA withdrawls and I keep bothering the YSA kids...but Ray is special, I am her hometeacher too! :) (Bro. Bruce Newbold)

    ReplyDelete