Saturday, May 5, 2012

An overlook and an underlook

Our first fieldtrip: the Overlook fieldtrip. These paintings were in the Augusta Victoria church, and I kind of liked them... I know I know, a little modern and strange perhaps, but the painting of Noah's ark was one of my favorite things from the entire fieldtrip (and we saw a lot of things)
The bottom picture shows a few of the noteable sites (including the ones on the bus--aka, people sleeping, something I found truly entertaining). The tower was the Augusta Victoria tower, and the fields with the sheep were in actuality the fields where shepherds kept "watch over their flocks at night" when the angels came to announce the birth of Christ. Where you can see the Dome of the Rock in the background is East of the city, above a Jewish cemetery. (And that is a real-life camel!)





Fieldtrip underneath the Jerusalem center; the whole center is suspended off the ground. I added my name to the collection and tried to find as many of other people's that I could.



No comments:

Post a Comment