Sunday, May 20, 2012

Food, Deserts, and the Dome of the Rock

 First falafel. Verdict: delicious. However, my favorite food in Jerusalem is still the JC's oatmeal/soggy granola with fruit. I have eaten it every day since arriving.

May 7th: Negev. Deserty... dry... and beautiful. The picture on the right is five Rachel's--and one is even missing! Six Rachel's in Jerusalem. My favorite part of this field trip was the hike. We all dreaded it and I was thoroughly prepared to endure it with little pleasure or excitement. However, it was much shorter than advertised, not too hot, no downhill (the knee is always complaining with down hill!), and had a beautiful view.

I loved the Dome of the Rock. I didn't realize that there were beautiful and colorful mosaics beneath the gold dome and the surprising discovery really excited me.

No comments:

Post a Comment